Sunday 10 April 2011

Getting back into the groove

I haven't been making a lot of jewellery recently. As you've probably noticed. I blame it on my busy work schedule as well as a stunning lack of inspiration. I really, really want to add to my Artfire and Etsy shops - they're looking entirely too bare for my liking, and I have a sneaky suspicion that having a larger inventory just might draw more visitors which might, if I'm lucky, lead to sales. So, this weekend was spent trying to find my well of creative inspiration. I'm still looking for it..sigh. But I did manage to rustle up 3 new pieces: 2 pairs of earrings and a necklace. All very simple but you wouldn't believe how long it took me to come up with them. Creating is hard, people! I am happy though to have made something. Another big plus? I used quite a few beads and findings that have been in my stash for longer than I'd like to admit. It's pretty late at night here so I couldn't take photos of the new jewellery. I'll probably take pics sometime this week and post them next weekend. Sooner if I can help it.

Have you been creating this weekend? If you have, I hope you weren't as frustrated as I was :-).

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I can use up things that have been lying around for a while -- even BETTER when I can sell a PIECE that's been in inventory for a while!

    ReplyDelete