Sunday 2 October 2011

Creating....

....is hard work. I mentioned in my earlier post that I have a long-standing relationship with inadequacy. I love reading beading and jewellery magazines and surfing the blogs. It de-stresses me and I spend many a happy hour oohing and aahing over the creations. But it also paralyses me, since I very easily fall into the trap of comparing myself to to others and thinking my ideas and work just aren't up to par. I'm working on just focusing on challenging myself and improving and expanding my skills, but it's a two steps forward, one step back kind of process. I keep reminding myself it's all relative - to my non-beady friends, I'm a certified beading genius! Of course, to others, I'm a wet-behind-the-ears noob. Oh well. I'll just keep on keeping on, I guess. 


And in the spirit of pressing on, I'm presenting these:

I'm trying not to be so afraid of colour. Am I succeeding? I'm not sure. But little steps, people, little steps.


Edited to add: the darling ceramic acorn bead is by Earthenwood Studios and the pair of gorgeous enamel leaf charms are from Suebeads. Love, love, love artisan beads! 

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing a great job, your bracelet is lovely! I love the colors! And I love the earrings as well!

    ReplyDelete