Sunday 11 March 2012

Party's over! Thanks for visiting!

Phew! I'm finally done with the Bead Soup Blog Party visiting! It took me an entire week, but it was well worth it. I saw tons of eye-candy and was suitably impressed by the creativity and talent on show. I think everyone did a fantabulous job with their bead soup. I also did my best to leave a comment at each blog I visited. If I missed you out, I'm so sorry - drop me a comment to let me know, and I'll hop over to read your post. 


I want to thank everyone who popped by, read my post and commented. I appreciate the time you took; your kind words mean the world to me. I was tickled that most of you liked my funny little egg best. You may not know this, but when I design and make a piece, I try my darndest to ensure it comes out as 'perfect' as possible. You wouldn't believe the agony I go through when I realise my earrings aren't exactly the same length or when my stamped letters aren't spaced evenly. Your response to my 'Faberge' piece was a reminder and an encouragement that I should stop being so anal retentive about these things, and to embrace the flaws and imperfections that come with making something by hand.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just the same! If it's not perfect and I know it, I have to scrap it or re-make it, even if no-body else can see the flaw. I must of made 20 nets for my first piece until I was happy.... There are good points to being an anal retentive perfectionist too though, it sure does help in my day job! Have you tried freeform peyote? I'm in the middle of a freeform bracelet (a challenge from a friend) and it's killing me! I think she's hoping it might cure me.... hehe :)

    ReplyDelete