Tuesday 17 July 2012

New experiments - updates

Remember my previous post about my air-dry clay and candy mold experiments? This pic?




I spent a Sunday afternoon painting the little critters, rubbing on some gilders paste and sealing them. Basically seeing what would work and what wouldn't. Only 3 turned out passably well. I was aiming for 'stunning' but they came out more 'weatherbeaten' than anything else. 




One turned out frankly hideous and will not be photographed - ever. Another is pretty dodgy - I added a layer of Diamond Glaze on top thinking it might improve matters. It didn't. You're not getting a pic of that either. And the last one I quite liked, but then I dropped it and its little paisley tip broke off.....




I'm going to keep on experimenting with the clay and molds. Hopefully, I'll have nicer stuff to show the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment